Goal setting and your subconscious mind

To understand better how personal goal setting works, it is good to have a simple picture of how your mind is functioning. You can think of your mind being built of two parts: conscious and subconscious minds. Conscious mind is responsible for your current awareness and decision making. It is only around 12 % of your mind. The other 88 % is your subconscious mind.

Subconscious mind is where you have your personality, where all your feelings and thoughts come from. Your memory, with all your personal values, beliefs, and habits , is also there.

You have quite good and direct control over your conscious mind. It takes more effort and sophistication to direct your subconscious mind, and this is where smart personal goal setting techniques and guidelines are particularly helpful.

Personal goal setting main page
A solid personal goal setting system is the key to effective time management and life planning. Setting personal goals wisely, you get a sense of achievement, sustain motivation, and reduce stress.

Personal time management and goal setting guide main page
Practical information and advice on various personal time management and goal setting topics.

Copyright 2002 by Time-Management-Guide.com. All rights reserved.